Mar 3, 2011

Today I'm grateful for...

The men in my life. 

1. My Heavenly Father
Without Him, I could do nothing. This year more than ever I have learned to be more patient and humble. In order to get the answers we are in need of, we must do our part first. Only then will He reciprocate His end of the deal and pour out blessings on us. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us unconditionally and want more than anything for us to return to live with them. I know that it is the gospel in my life that brings me so much happiness, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

2. My Daddy
He is the funniest man I know. Also the sweetest. When I get married, I want my husband to be just like him! Immoveable in his testimony, selfless in his service to his family, and genuinely fun to be around. Whether it is doing yard work on Saturday morning, cheering on the Cougars, or traveling the world on business, I know my dad will drop whatever he is doing if I need him. He has made his love apparent for the past 19 years, 5 months, and 3 days straight...It's not going to stop any time soon!

3. My Incredible Home Teachers
Past or present, they are the best! Sometimes it's a well prepared lesson, sometimes it's nothing but two boys in sweats making a last minute appearance. Whatever it is, I love it. I am so glad to have them in my life while I am away from home! I've turned to them for stimulating conversation, a tour of campus hot spots, and even a blessing. Seeing how they are now, I can only begin to imagine what incredible missionaries they will make!

4. Jacob Pinegar Gubler...And assorted others.
I don't even know where to begin with this one. Thanks? Guy friends are mandatory in any girls life. Too bad for you, I happen to have the best one out there. Whether it's spraying off the deck at the pool, putting pine trees on the roof of BHS, or simply sitting in my room and talking, I know we'll have a good time. Short, sweet and to the point. Don't let it go to your head Javcod.

5. Jake Maxfield & Ryan Skousen
Jake: "I hate mornings. I don't talk to anyone."
Rylie: "You talk to me!"
Jake: "You do all the talking, I just sit there and listen."
Even though they critique my food choice at times, I have so much fun eating breakfast with those two. I don't think I do all the talking, but either way they are great listeners. Haha I'd say cracking jokes in response to incoherent mumbling is an ideal start to anyones day!

6. Deric-The Headphone Guy From the Testing Center
Deric saved my life and inspired this blog post. I was at the testing center stressing over my Music 101 test when lo and behold, I discovered I was headphoneless. Being a music test, headphones are about the only thing required to take it. Gah. Desperate as I was, I walked up to someone who I thought was likely to have headphones and explained my situation. Being the gentleman he was, he agreed to my proposition and proceeded to pull them out. Holy. Cow. Those things were SO nice. ($60+ Bucks! I looked them up.) We exchanged numbers so we could get ahold of each other, and went our separate ways. Unfortunately I am an honest and ethical human being, so I returned them a few hours later along with some cookies. My hat goes off to you Deric; Hero of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment