Apr 14, 2011

In Spite of the Cost of Living, It's Still Popular.

Sydney "Rose" Robinson: this is for you. You have something to do in class now!

My main mode of transportation this summer...



Yep, It's a longboard. Cute eh? I just noticed the font is different. And smaller. What de heck...Gah. I'm not really sure I want to bother with fixing it right now. Any way, a longboard. Lauren and I decided we are getting them, I think it fits! It'll be at my house when I'm done with finals and I cannot wait! I'll be cruisin the Boulevard (if you don't know where or what the Boulevard is you are obviously not from Bountiful), saving the environment, gas money and more than likely scraping up my knees in the process. Ah :) It is going to be a great summer, I have a lot to look forward too!
1. Aruba
2. Painting my room-more on that later
3. School!-Is it strange that I'm really excited....?
4. Friends
5. SUNSHINE

All I really wanted to talk about was how cool I'm going to be riding around B-Town, but I still have 17 minutes before we are leaving for Pirate Island for Karaoke. Here's some more random thoughts in the mean time. 

I'm not sure when I felt more stupid: When I dropped Jake's car key in Utah lake, or when I was held hostage in the dorms by some kid I don't know. Being held hostage sounds pretty bad, but my "disguise" made it even worse. Me and some friends (no names as to maintain their innocence) were out on the town pranking anyone who popped into our conniving little minds. Obviously when you are wreaking havoc you need to disguise yourself, so we were sporting bright red lipstick-we're talking firetruck red, 3D glasses with the lenses popped out, and hoodies. We were looking fiiiine....let me tell ya. Worst came to worst,  I was captured and relocated to a male dorm where I was interrogated. I mostly just sat there watching some other guys play nazi zombies while my capturer asked questions I refused to answer and called people on my phone. The whole time I was sitting there I kept thinking about my lipstick. WHY WAS I WEARING IT?!?!?! It was 2 am on a Wednesday night. The only other people to ever wear it were my partners in crime and cheep hookers. Probably...I think...I've never seen a hooker in person, but I'm assuming it would draw in some great clientele. It was sure bright enough...paired with a hoodie, glasses, running shorts, a floral headband and gray and yellow sneakers, I had quite the ensemble going on. Common sense goes out the window during high pressure situations, so it wasn't until after I made my escape that I realized that my combination of fashion "Don'ts" probably went unnoticed by every man it that room. I'm glad men aren't the most observant when it comes to clothes, make up, shoes, and all the things women obsess over. I get the most absurd sinking feeling in my stomach every time I think about seeing my captor face to face again though. 
He was cute. 
I ended the night with a slight fracture to my dignity, but hey, we'll get 'em next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment