May 18, 2011

Davis Blvd.

I just got back from a run in the rain. This whole day I have been complaining to my mom about how it is almost summer, and it is NOT supposed be raining like this. What is the point of being out of school if I can't lay out all day and get a step above the high schoolers on my tan?! Anyways, I decided to try something. Instead of complaining about the rain, why not enjoy it? Last spring me and my good friend Kyle took advantage of the rain. We would dance in it, go on scooter rides in it, and even made a "worm farm" to save all the worms that were trying to escape flooding. Hahaha we made a sign for their mason jar, named them, looked up what worms ate on the internet, everything! Hm...:) Good times. Anyway, I decided to take a page out of my own book and decided to go on a run. I ran up 1800 South, turned right onto Davis Blvd, ran all the way to North Canyon Road, then circled back to 400 East and down to my house. I LOVED every minute of it. As the rain started drenching my hair and running into my eyes, I was beginning to regret my decision but the wetter I got, the more I enjoyed myself! After I while I started seeing how wet I could really get. That is why now, as I right this, water is dripping off my forehead, down my nose, and onto my hands. I ran through puddles, let the tree branches swipe my head and arms leaving water droplets behind and just absorbed every freakin raindrop that fell from the sky. It was relaxing to see the clouds so low they were beginning to engulf houses, and to watch the raindrops hit the asphalt and break up into a million littler drops. All in all I'd say it was a good way to spend 30 minutes of my afternoon. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated, now it's off to body combat. Sydney, when you read this you'll know why I'm late :P haha I followed my crazy impulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment