May 21, 2011

An ode to new friends and a beautiful baby sister.

Let me make something clear; I don't have a "baby" sister. Hannah will be 17 in October, but she will always be my baby! Even when she has kids of her own. She is my only sibling and even though we are very different, we have been partners in crime for as long as I can remember. When I was 2 years old I informed my mom she was pregnant. One night I was sitting in my highchair munching away on some dinner when I looked up at my mom and simply said, "Hannah's coming." I'm sure my parents were slightly confused seeing as I had never been one for imaginary friends and I didn't know any Hannahs, but it would take a few weeks until they figured out who "Hannah" really was. Soon after my mysterious declaration my mom found out she was pregnant, and when they found out it would be a baby girl they decided to name her Hannah. So...in essence, I named my sister when I could barely talk. Cool right? When Hannah was born I was very protective of her, and informed anyone that would listen that she was MY baby. Hannah and I have a mutual respect for each other despite our differing preferences for music, sports, food, movies, school, relationships, clothes...and just about everything imaginable. I just got back from school and one of the biggest shocks has been to realize that Hannah is not the baby I label her as any more. She probably hasn't been for the past 14 years, but that is beside the point! I love her SOOOO much and it is insane to think that my baby is growing up....eh. I'm going to brag about her for a minute :)

She is beautiful. She has amazing style-really, I don't know how she comes up with half the outfits she does, but she rocks them! Especially the colored tights. She is an amazing dancer-she hits up BSOB 6 times a week for ballet classes. She plays the viola AND mandolin. She just made the Utah Youth Symphony. Most of the musicians who audition wait and receive a letter telling them whether or not they made it. While Hannah was auditioning the lady stopped her in the middle of her second piece and told her she was in :) That's my girl! She has an INSANE school schedule and she is only a lil squashmore. Next year will be even crazier with all AP classes, early morning seminary, and on-line courses as well. I guess someone has to do it, and I'm glad it's her and not me! She has the voice of an angel. Sometimes she tries to hide it...good thing I have supersonic hearing and she belts in the shower. She is creative. She makes her own jewelry, paints, draws, sews stuff-like halloween costumes...if its artsy, she does it. She is sensitive! I'd much rather be related to someone that has a heart than an evil witch.

That's it for now. My sister's a pretty neat gal...what a shame she's related to me and not you!
Pause the player, we're switching tracks! The topic is: "Cool new friends"

Aight, so last night was an "Untalent Show" for my singles ward. I decided to bring 2nd in command, Sydney Rose Robinson. (Her middle name isn't Rose, and she's really not 2nd in command. We're on an equal playing field but saying 2nd in command just sounded more eloquent.) ANYWAY, I brought Syd along. The talent show was great, there was a lot of untalents, a lot of popcorn, and a lot of people to socialize with. At one point I was feeling a little parched so naturally I went to find a drinking fountain. I came across one and on the way I happened to come across Connor and Jeff; the coolest nose flutists I have ever had the privilege of meeting. We chatted in the hall for a while and then decided to relocate ourselves to North Canyon Park for a game of Ultimate. While at the park I had 2 significant lightbulb moments. 1) I don't miss high school and 2) Ultimate frisbee really is not my forte. The frisbee we used lit up and resembled a UFO. I'm going to scratch the bottom of the barrel here and say that all the color changing and blinking was the source of my frisbee retardation. I could catch it on occasion, but could not throw it to save my life. In order to be a functional member of society, I feel that having the knowledge necessary to throw a circular disk is mandatory. If you consider yourself a pro, hit me up. I'm growing desperate!

Even though the world didn't end today, our frisbee game had too hahah that was a Rapture joke for all you who are slower than most. Things led to other things and we found ourselves sitting on the ***cold***steps discussing the complexities of life. Meh...maybe that's an exaggeration. I was mostly talking with Connor and we were just discussing things. No complexities. I don't think Squidward and Jeff were either. This is what I heard of their conversation "aaglhdglhaga dgdafhdfghfj bh adfhdfn khopihf gBiggest Loser! aghadkgj fkajob bnjkvhafpioghg dhgiihie38r3y3yr 83ytyigalkh Patches! (Here Connor interjects with a witty rebutle in his cat's defense) agkh ggoah John Mayer. Pilot. 9th grade officer. ahgalgh adgh adghfih j" And that about sums it up from what I can tell. We covered quite a few topics but finally I had to say it, I was ***freezing***Connor may have mentioned it earlier, but there is a good chance I said something about him being a wuss and the confiscation of his man card. Once again we relocated, but this time it was to the boonies. RB's hot chocolate maker was broken, so we hit up some obscure 7-11 for a midnight hot chocolate run. More talking, more laughing, more incoherent jokes...I vaguely remember mocking Jeff's laugh and then cracking up over it. When it's late I tend to think I'm a lot funnier than I am....I like my friends, I'm glad I made new ones, I'm glad they forced the Grinch run out of me! Here's to a tightly knit bond because of it; and here's to things I like about them. It's a progressive list obviously. Just a little tidbit for starters.

Connor

Great style-bike chain bracelet included.
He has gorgeous eyes.
We crack the same kind of jokes! Nice to know someone shares my sense of humor.

Jeff

Dimples!!! I am a SUCKER for dimples.
He's a "cautious" driver :P
Funny. Funny, funny, funny. You can get some quality jokes out of this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment