Jan 25, 2012

Just in case you're behind...

I'm going to Romania!
Crazy, right? 
I can barely believe it myself. 
I will be leaving on April 24 and be returning on July 24.
That is less than 3 months away!
I tried to find the video that inspired me to apply for this internship, but no luck. 
This one has some of the same content, so hopefully it gives you an idea of what I will be helping with. 
Now combine that with this...
...and you've come a fraction closer to understanding my passion in life. 
I cannot wait, to go serve those Romanian children.
Yes, it will be challenging,
Yes, there will be times that I crack and become a teary eyed, homesick college intern,
And yes, the language barrier will be frustrating,
but it will be so immensely rewarding.  
Knowing that I made even a small moment of a single day better for one of those children is all I need.
I don't care if the food is weird.
I don't care if I wear the same outfit for weeks on end.
I don't care that we have to bleach our produce. 
The hardest thing that I will have to deal with is leaving. 
Not being capable of relieving every pain, suffering, or longing they deal with on a daily basis kills me. 
I couldn't achieve that in a lifetime of work. 
Not in 10 lifetimes.
 There is only one person with that ability and He has already given everything he has in order for those children to be perfected.
With this in mind, I simply become an instrument in his hands.
 Whether it's playing games, teaching them to walk, or even singing to them,
I will make sure they know one thing:
That they are children of a Heavenly Father who knows and loves them. 
I already love them so much it brings me to tears, and I don't even know them. 

***

On a less sentimental note...haha...
Travel Plans.
I just went and spoke with the BYU travel agent about getting flights through Delta so we can use SkyMiles.
Here are my options:

1. Salt Lake
Minneapolis
Amsterdam
Bucharest
Iasi

2. Salt Lake 
Detroit
Amsterdam
Bucharest
Iasi


3. Salt Lake
New York
Paris
Bucharest
Iasi


4. Salt Lake
New York
Prague
Bucharest
Iasi

If I don't do Delta it will be:


 Salt Lake

Dallas
London
Bucharest
Isai
 
And that's only one way...
Coming home I'll back track through Isai to Bucharest, either Paris or Amsterdam, Atlanta or New York and finally on to Salt Lake. 
I consider myself a pretty experienced traveler, but this is going to throw me headfirst into the international scene.


4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Rylie - you will love it. Talk to Jamie Belnap, she also went to Romania and worked in the orphanages when she was in college. I know it was an amazing experience for her, as I'm sure it will be for you. What a great blessing you will be to those children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good bloggy post...I'll miss you like crazy being best friendless x2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous26.1.12

    Rylie...Thanks for your post. It was a great way to start my day--sharing your light with others can be done on any continent, thanks for sharing with me today. Keep shining that light in Provo until the children get it in Romania. One person can make such a difference! Your unconditional love and pure desire to serve are evident and so admirable. You will be a huge blessing to so many. I am so happy for you.
    Love, Sister Richardson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love love love to go to paris! (my fiance also speaks french) it would be perfection! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete