Jan 18, 2012

Punked

yesterday i was punked. punked by rob from riverton who played lacrosse, but couldn't play his senior year because he broke his leg and wrist. sucker...


there i was innocently sitting in the wilk-byu slang for "giant eating area" or "eternal companion mating grounds," eating my subway when a boy approached and asked if he could share a table with me. i was the only person sitting at a table for 8 so naturally i nodded, giving my consent. instead of sitting opposite me like i expected him to, he plopped himself down in the seat next to me and proceeded to ask my name and if he could help me study. well, i was studying my romanian flash cards so in the sassiest voice i can muster i asked if he happened to speak romanian, knowing perfectly well he didnt. he confirmed that he did not in fact, know any romanian, but he did speak spanish. a lot of good spanish does me...not. lucky for him my flash cards also had the english translations on them so i gave him a second chance. rather than studying (or in his case eating) we just talked. turns out we have 2 mutual acquaintances and many common interests. while we were talking i noticed that he had unwrapped his crunch wrap supreme (bleh) but had not taken a single bite or even touched it since he had sat down. all of a sudden riverton rob jolted-seriously. you dont hear that word used much, but i couldnt think of anything better fitting. he jolted, looked at his watch, stood up, and grabbed his back pack all in 1 very smooth motion. he apologized and explained that he was late for class, it was nice to meet me, but sorry, he had to go. oooookay. catch ya on the flip side riverton rob..? then i noticed his food was sitting there perfectly untouched, just waiting for someone to eat it. well, that some one was not about to be me! 

at this point i was SO confused. i kept blindly looking around myself looking for some sort of answer. i was completely bewildered and had the strange feeling that something wasnt right. while i was talking to riverton rob i had seen dan walk by, but being the nice friend that he is he left me to my man. after all, you never know the type of bonding that can occur over some taco bell and clemintines! i gave dan a call and told him his presence was now more than welcome. since i had my phone in my hand i thought it was fitting to take a picture of the mysterious taco bell meal. (if you are/have ever been in college youll know there is never a wrong time to take a picture.) literally seconds after i snapped my shot there was riverton rob snatching his food off the table.


you uh...forgot your food...shoulda eaten it when it was hot...thats the only thing i could think to say. at this point i was more surprised than confused. why would anyone come back from a class they were late to in the first place because they forgot their taco bell. can you tell im a taco bell hater yet? he just laughed and started wrapping up his food? weird right...?  i thought so too. why wouldnt he just eat it? at this point i was pretty sure there was some fishy business going on, but lucky me, i didnt have to ask for an explanation. riverton rob said i was 1 of 5 victims of a sociology project. actually, he didnt use the word "victim" that is my personal interpretation on the matter. apparently i was scoped out of the crowd and deemed perfect for his little plan. if it was the blonde hair so help me...its an asset, not a symbol of stupidity. he had his friend sit at the table across from me and write down my reaction to the whole situation. the reason he re-wrapped his food? he still had to do it to one more person. 


lucky for me, i didnt eat it. or touch it. i only took a picture. and spasticly looked around like a puppy searching for his tail. 


riverton rob: since your romanian was ever shoddier than mine im calling a draw on this one. you may have punked me in the moment, but guess what?!


am iesit pe partea de sus
the s in "iesit" is supposed to have a little squiggly underneath it...but bolgger doesnt speak romanian

                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment