Apr 6, 2012

19 Days of Nonsense: The Little Things

I love my mom. 
She does a lot of little things that add up!
The 2 things that mean a lot to me at the moment are:

1-Every time I come back from Provo there is a single blue (vanilla) Tootsie Roll waiting for me on my pillow. We go grocery shopping together when I am home, and at one point I mentioned to her how those were my favorite flavor. Either that, or she figured it out when I would pick them out of my grandmas candy bucket. I didn't want the chocolate, I wanted the blue tootsies. It is a small token of affection, but it is something I have come to appreciate and look forward to when I visit Bountiful.

2-She ALWAYS gets the popcorn refills when we go to movies. Unless we had dinner before hand, my family can pound the stuff down. I had one of those, "Wow. I'm not mature enough to be a mom. Moms are so unselfish..." moments when I went to see the Hunger Games with my mom and sister. Hannah had already seen the movie twice, so when we needed more popcorn she offered to go get it. It was right then that I realized that my mom had always done it for us. Even if she had never seen the movie. She would get up, leave for a few minutes, and come back with rations. That floored me. I sat there thinking to myself how cool it is that she would do that for us. I couldn't do it. I hate leaving during movies I HAVE seen. I couldn't just get up and go during a brand new movie, and yet here my mom does it without batting an eyelash. As silly as it is, that really REALLY touched my heart. 

My words are stuck in my brain right now, so I'm going to stop trying to be sentimental. On a completely unrelated note, my new backpack came today!! 

 Gah. It's just so adorable. Why do I have such great taste?! WHY.
 

1 comment: