Apr 15, 2012

getting creative

Sometimes when you take a final you don't know an answer or two.
...or anything at all....
I had to get REAL creative on my Romanian final yesterday.
One question required me to use the word purple.
Did I know that word?
NOOOOOO.
So, in a moment of sheer brilliance I combined my art skills with my limited Romanian intellect and wrote:
"albastru + roşu=? (purple)" 
I knew the words for blue and red, and if you combine the 2 you get purple. Duh. They just have to solve a simple math equation!!

Sometimes your brain gets so packed with useless facts that when it comes time to recall the important stuff it just won't come out.
I needed the word for boots (a lot of this test was vocabulary to do with colors, shopping, kids, etc.)
I KNEW the word, but it was just lost in the filing cabinets of my brain somewhere. 
All I could think about were body parts, food, names of toys, and everything else that was useless. 
I literally sat there for a good 5 minutes trying to figure out what it was.
That's what I get for not making up a mnemonic device!  
I decided to throw the towel and wrote:
"....pantof mare...." (big shoe) and out to the side I put "A boot is just a big shoe right...?"

Hopefully my last ditch efforts were as amusing to the TA as I thought they were. 
A for creAtivity? 


***the appearance of my blog is slowly coming back to life. thoughts? it's a work in progress.***

2 comments:

  1. Get out. Those were the two words I couldn't remember. Blasted purple boots...who buys purple boots anyways?? Yay for Romanian being over!!!

    Blog layout=bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I couldn't remember purple either! I wish I had thought of adding those two, though. On the last test I wrote some stuff I couldn't remember in Spanish, hoping Jeff wouldn't notice since he knows some Spanish. It didn't work.

    ReplyDelete