Apr 30, 2012

I am never going to fall in love...

Because there is no more room in my heart.
  
We were able to go to the orphanage for the first time today, and it was a beautiful experience. I have been wanting to get in there for the past 6 days but paperwork had to be processed, fees paid, and I guess our bodies needed time to adjust to all this craziness too...

Unfortunately we are not allowed to post pictures of the children in the orphanage on our blogs or facebook. Actually, we aren't even allowed to take pictures in the orphanage. One of the workers will take pictures for us, but because of strict legal obligations and agreements with BYU, they are kept under lock and key. The hospital though is another story. We aren't supposed to take pictures, but we aren't not allowed to take them either, so we were told that as long as we're sneaky it's kosher. As an extra precaution I am not going to be putting them on my blog, but if you would like to receive an e-mail once a month with the photos I am able to take of the children leave a comment with your e-mail address :)

Back to the babies. I have only spent a few hours with them, but their tiny little souls now occupy every available spot in my heart. I'm getting teared up just picturing them...suck. As we toured the orphanage to get a feel for the different rooms we will be working in I tried to contain my emotions. And I did...until I stood next to the first crib. Aaaaand I lost it. I can't even begin to explain the range of emotions I was feeling, but it was mostly love. A whole lot of love and reassurance that this is where I am supposed to be right now. I cried and cried. And held babies, and then cried as they began to wail when we put them down to move on to another room. I don't want to sleep, I want to go back right now. I'm never getting married, just taking care of babies my whole life.

1 comment:

  1. Rylie! I LOVE hearing all about your experiences over there! It makes me want to go there more and more! If it's still ok, I would love to receive an email with pictures of the kids, if that's ok! My email is lisacheney1@gmail.com I'm excited to keep hearing more and more about this wonderful thing you are doing! Keep up the awesome work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete