Aug 17, 2012

Friends for Forever

You know those friends that you can never seem to get rid of?
Yeah, I have one of those. 
I would never want to get rid of her though...
She is one of my best friends!
She has seen me at my best, and unfortunately my worst.
We've laughed together, 
cried together,
ditched class together,
and done other extremely stupid stuff together...
I guess you could say we are kindred spirits. 
9th grade will do some SCARY things to ya...I will always cherish this picture haha
"Swimming" in a lake of mud at the B. My poor car was trashed!
We're nerds at heart <3

ALWAYS partners in crime.

Back in the glory days haha

We did everything together!

...even take pictures in the bathroom mirror...

Graduation



Now she is married.
And pregnant.
And living in Canada...
I made her wedding display! Proud moment.

Carry, Hannah, me...duh.

Besties

I just couldn't give her up...

Sensual wedding stuff...

I helped decorate their truck

She was finally gone...forever...

A souvenir. Or two.


The last time I saw her it had been a while, and we both spontaneously burst into tears.
I'm pretty sure Cary (her husband to be at that point) thought we were psycho.
Who knew there was synchronized sobbing...? 


She's a preeeety lady :)

BABY MAMA!

Today our reunion was a little less watery :)

I am currently on vacation with my family in Seattle. 
We took the opportunity to cross the Canadian border and spend some time with Hannah in the Vancouver area.
She took us to Stanly Park where we rode bikes along the sea wall and got a great view of the ocean AND the city. 
I would definitely recommend it. 
If you can ride a bike.

The fam

The friend

Gotta go tandem :)



Pappa bear

Lionsgate Bridge







Canadian Inukshuk

love, Love, LOVE

The baby FINALLY made it :) What a trooper




Afterwords we headed to Granville Island where we explored the market, ate some delicious treats, and looked at shops with trinkets I wanted to blow my money on...



I'm obsessed with their fruit selection. It reminded me of Romania, and looked delicious.

Favorites.

Dole Whip time!

Welcome to the Real Housewives of Vancouver! ;) Inside joke...sorry...



I tasted some exotic honey. Quite frankly, they all tasted the same to me!






I love this woman!
Throughout the day we talked about how we are growing up.
She is having a baby,
I'm graduating college.
I think it's fair to say that we were both slightly envious of each other. 
Even though life has kind of taken us away from each other for right now, I know that we will always be friends. 
Like...she'll be at the top of my Christmas card list or something ;)

Hannah is gonna be one great mamma.
Thinking of all the stuff she helped me through during high school,
she's got this whole "nurturing" thing down!
Hannah and Cary have the perfect name picked out.
It fits their personalities, style, and even their looks!
Baby girl is so blessed already.
She is going to be born into a family filled with so much love she won't know what to do with herself! 
 (Obviously I have dubbed myself the on call long distance babysitter. I love her so much already too! I kept putting my hand on Hannah's stomach throughout the day. I just couldn't believe she was in there!)


Thanks Han for showing us around your stomping grounds today, and for being the best friend I ever could have asked for!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much! If I didn't cry yesterday, I'm crying now...haha I love you so much Rylie!

    ReplyDelete